UNIJOS Students to Pay N12,000 Reparation Fee
The Senate of the University of Jos (UNIJOS), after meeting on Thursday, 5th February, 2015 to deliberated on the report of the Investigative Committee on the recent student’s riot, has directed as follows:
1. That the University properties were extensively damaged by students during the students’ unrest and they should therefore be surcharged for the damages and other costs incurred by the University and not captured in the Report of the Investigative Committee.
2. All returning students should sign an undertaking under Oath to be of good behavior during their remaining period as student of the University.
3. That all returning students must pay the sum of Twelve thousand Naira (N12,000.00) each online using the students payment system (https://mis.unijos.edu/fees) and select “Students’ Surcharges” fee item to cover cost of damages and other costs and expenses incurred by the University as a result of the demonstration.
4. That the University should reopen for academic activities as scheduled here => UNIJOS Resumption Date
5. For a student to be eligible to sit for the Second Semester Examination, he or she must present a duly completed letter of undertaking stamped by the Commissioner of Oath to be of good behavior and evidence of payment of the sum of Twelve thousand Naira (N12,000.00).
6. That a case of gross misconduct had been established against the SUG EXCO and therefore, they should appear before Senate Students Disciplinary Committee to explain their role in the students’ unrest of 24th and 25th November 2014. The Students Union Government has been dissolved and a Caretaker Committee appointed.
Students are advised to download and complete the letter of undertaking format from www.unijos.edu.ng and get it stamped by the court. The Oath should be submitted to your respective Faculty Officer.
Thank you for your strict compliance, please.
Jilli-Dandam D. Esq.
Registrar/Secretary to Senate
Best of luck To You all…