SPDC 2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme for youths in Ogoniland
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the commencement of the 2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme specifically targeted at youths in Ogoniland.
LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC Joint Venture. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young entrepreneurs aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and startup finance.
Objectives of the 2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the “Become a Successful Business Owner Course”.
- Provide business startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-startup: Value and Organise Yourself (VOY),
- Bright Ideas workshop,
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Business Startup: (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup: (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
- Male and female applicants who are indigenes of communities in the following 4 Ogoni LGAs in Rivers State: Eleme, Tai, Gokana, and Khana aged between 18-35.
- Must possess a university degree or HND.
- Must possess the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption.
- Must be resident in Rivers State.
- Must have an innovative business idea.
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
Application Closing Date 26th August, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click the link below to apply online
Important Notes: SPDC does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge. SPDC does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist in the application process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email