Essential Soft-skills & Competencies for Today’s Executives & Employees
Soft-skills are defined as the personal attributes that enhance and individual’s interaction, job performance and career prospect. Soft-skills are interpersonal and generally applicable.
- Excellent presentation skill.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Social/networking skill,
- Business writing/business communication skills.
- Effective communication skill (fluent speaking and good writing).
- Work/workplace etiquette.
- Team playing – the ability to work productively and effectively with others. Also, inter-personal skill.
- Information and communication technology/computer skills.
- Apt to learning – ability to learn and adapt to a job very fast with minimal supervision and explanation. Being clever and resourceful.
- Teaching/training/mentoring skills and abilities.
- Numerical/mathematical skill.
- Information gathering and acquisition skills. Also, the ability to keep tabs of happenings in your business, corporate, socio-economic and political environment.
- Anticipation skill – always try to see things/events coming before they actually arrived/happen.
- Leadership, supervisory and managerial skills.
- Adaptability to organisational/corporate changes (both role changes and management changes. Also, change management or transition management.
- Initiative & independent skills/innovation & idea generation skills.
- Financial resources management skill.
- Human resources development and management skill.
- Conflict resolution and conflict management skills.
- Motivational skill – ability to motivate your team/group/workers. Also, self-motivation and management skills.
- Flexibility and creativity. Also, creative thinking skill.
- Risk taking, risk bearing and risk management skills.
- Financial report/financial statement interpretation and analysing skills.
Note that, today’s workplace requires that employees, managers and executives to possess these essential soft-skills…
Like our page: facebook.com/vaxity