The MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full time second year students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics and colleges of education) in Nigeria.
The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
Eligibility and Conditions:
1. Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year.
2. Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1).
3. Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
4. Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University
5. Current Beneficiaries of the MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship award are not eligible to apply
6. The MTN Foundation reserves the right to cancel or suspend a scholarship award if it is discovered that an applicant /awardees provided false information.
• Agric. Extension and Rural Development
• Agricultural Science
• Animal Breeding and Genetics
• Animal Nutrition
• Animal Production and Health
• Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
• Applied Physics
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer and Electronics
• Computer and Information Science
• Computer and Mathematics
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
• Electrical Engineering
• Electrical/Electronics Engineering
• Electronics and Computer Technology
• Electronics Engineering
• Engineering Physics
• Industrial Mathematics
• Industrial Physics
• Information Technology
• Mechanical Engineering
• Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
• Petroleum and Gas Engineering
• Physics Electronics
• Physics/ Computational Modeling
• Pure/ Applied Physics
• Statistics and Computer Science
• System Engineering
How To Apply:
1) Visit the scholarship application page via the link below;
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
i. Valid Student ID card
ii. Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
iii. Duly signed letter from relevant Haed of Department in your school.
iv. Admission letter from JAMB and Institution of study
iv. Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only)
Application Closing Date:
Application Closes on Sunday, September 6 2015. Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Note: (1) Applications can only be done online via the MTN Scholarship Application Portal
(2) Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
(3) Names of successful candidates will be published on National Dailies
(4) All information provided will be verified and persons with fraudulent information will be held accountable.