The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) scholarship award application has commenced. The purpose of PTDF is to developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the manpower needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
CRITERIA FOR APPLYING
- MSc (OSS And LSS)
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience.
2. National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate.
3. Applicants must be computer literate.
4. Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
5. Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
6. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (USA).
7. G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA).
8. GMAT – for Management related courses (USA).
9. International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK).
- PhD (OSS And LSS)
1. Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline.
2. Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate.
3. Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of Data Collection.
4. Applicants must include a valid admission letter.
5. Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
6. Applicants must include their masters degree project.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Forms can be accessed online at www.ptdf.cinfores.com using an ATM (Interswitch, Master Card & Visa card) or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
DOCUMENTS TO SCAN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result.
i) NYSC discharge certificate.
ii) WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results or provide PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the results on the relevant website.
iii) Recent Passport Photograph.
iv) Local Government Identification Letter.
v) Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only).
vi) Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
vii) Birth Certificate.
NOTE: only those who meet the requirements above shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
LIST OF APPROVED COURSES FOR SPONSORSHIP
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Norway Australia and the United States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship. The Local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Exellence in Courses core to Oil and Gas Industry
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Norway Australia and the United States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
The Local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Exellence in Courses core to Oil & Gas Industry
- Assets Management (Engineering Asset Management)
2. Basin Evolution and Dynamics
3. Control System And Applied Instrumentation
4. Design of Rotating Machines
5. Diving and Under Water Technology
6. Energy Systems Engineering
7. Environmental Engineering
8. Environmental Remote Sensing
9. Fire and Explosion Engineering
10. Flow Assurance
11. Fluid Mechanics and Energetic (France)
12. Health Safety and Environmental
13. Hydraulic Engineering (France)
14. International Shipping
15. Marine computational Fluid Dynamics
16. Maritime Operation
17. Offshore and Ocean Technology
18. Offshore Engineering
19. Petroleum Engineering (UK, UNSW, Australia)
20. Pipeline Engineering
21. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
22. Refinery Design and Operations
23. Renewable Energy Engineering (UNSW – Australia)
24. Subsea Engineering
25. Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
26. Geothermal Engineering (Germany)
27. Mechatronics and Mechanical Systems Engineering (USP – Brasil, Germany)
28. Naval and Ocean Engineering (USP, Brazil)
29. Mining and Petroleum Engineering (USP, Brasil)
30. Production Engineering (USP, Brasil)
31. Systems Engineering and Engineering (Germany)
32. Geology and Petroleum Geology (Germany)
33. Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology (Germany)
- PhD – Priority Research Areas
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
1. Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
2. Marginal Fields Development.
3. Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
4. Geology and Petroleum Geology.
5. Civil and Marine Engineering.
6. Renewable Energy.
7. Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
8. Refining Technology.
9. Ship Building and Marine Technology
PLEASE NOTE THAT:RECIPIENTS OF A SIMILAR SCHOLARSHIP NEED NOT APPLY.
APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY POSSESS A MASTER’S DEGREE SHOULD NOT APPLY FOR MSC PROGRAMME, BUT ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR THE PHD.
Application ends Saturday, 31st October, 2015.