2016/17 Lagos State Govt. Int’l Scholarship Award Application Now Open
The Lagos State partial merit scholarship award application for Nigerians to study in foreign universities for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 academic sessions is now open.
This is to inform all qualified interested applicants of Nigerian origin resident in Lagos State, to participate in the submission of their documents for screening and nomination for interview dates to undertake university study in our collaborating universities;
– Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in India, Ukraine, Republic of South Africa, and China.
– Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in India, Republic of South Africa and Ukraine.
- The Scholarship awards shall be Merit based only, ranging from 1- 50% off the Annual Tuition Fees for the awarded course/field of study
- All applicants and their Sponsors shall be responsible for the remaining part of the Tuition fees not covered by the Scholarship, as well as the cost of Lodging, Feeding, Visa, Air ticket and other related expenses that may be arise.
- The Shortlisted applicants shall be required as a MUST to participate in a 3 day Orientation Workshop preparing her/him for life as an adult leaving home probably for the first time, the challenges of Independence as young adults outside of home in a free environment like a university campus, People and Culture of the Country where they would be going for study, the visa interview process, e.t.c.
- All the applications shall be treated on a first come first serve basis.
Criteria of Eligibility:
(i) All applicants must have passed in one (1) sitting The Secondary School Certificate WAEC or NECO with a minimum of 5 passes of Grades Distinction –Credit (A-C) in relevant subjects to their choice of Course for Study.
(ii) English Language and Mathematics with minimum Credit (C) pass is compulsory for all applicants.
(iii) Minimum Age for all applicants is 16 years; Maximum age shall be 24 years.
(iv) Applicants with A’ level qualifications, Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or Higher National Diploma above 24 years but below 28 years may be considered.
(v) Applicants with Higher National Diploma (HND) with pass of Distinction in all Subjects may be given placement with an Exemption from First Year. Maximum age for this catergory of applicants shall be 30 years.
(vi) Applicants with a First degree a minimum qualification of a Second class upper (2.1) division in Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Biochemistry or Microbiology may apply for Medicine (MBBS) with exemption from years 1 and 2.
(i) All applicants must have undergone undergraduate studies with a minimum qualification of a Second class upper (2.1) division.
(ii) Maximum Age for all Masters students is 35 years and for PhD applicants 40 years
(iii) All PhD applicants must have undergone a Masters Degree program in the relevant area she/he intends to pursue a PhD.
(iv) All PhD applicants must submit with the required documents a Proposal for their intended area/topic of research.
Fields of Studies:
– Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Pediatrics, D Pharmacy, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, All spheres of Engineering, Geology, Architecture and Built Design, Information Technology, Avionics, Aerospace Engineering and Aircraft Maintenance, Film and Animation, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Law, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Computer Applications and Software Development, Business Administration with CIMA or ACCA Syllabus, Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, Journalism and Mass Communication, Economics and Railway Transportation.
– Postgraduate: Masters degree, PhD and Medical Residencies available in all Fields.
Method of Application:
- Interested Qualified applicants are to send Certified True copies of the following Documents by e-mail to email@example.com
- All shortlisted candidates shall be advised by email their interview dates and venue.
- Successful applicants shall be required to come with all original copies of their documents for physical on the sport verification on the day of their Interview.
- Shortlisted Applicants will receive their Placement Offer letters 5 working days after undergoing Interview with further instructions at Laurels Associates office, 3, Bunmi Joseph close, Gbagada, Lagos.
Required Documents for ALL applicants;
a. International Passport Bio-data Page.
b. WAEC/NECO results with Scratch card for verification purpose.
c. Testimonial from Secondary School attended duly signed, stamped and dated.
d. Birth Certificate from National Population Commission (NPC) only.
e. State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
f. Academic Transcripts and Research Thesis are required from ALL Masters’ students and a Copy of Proposed Area of Research for ALL PhD applicants.
g. 2 recent Passport size photography of the applicant.
h. NYSC discharge Certificate for all Postgraduate applicants.
Applications are for the 2016/2017 academic year is open up to November 1, 2016.