HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR BRAIN HEALTH
• Do something you enjoy for just 15 minutes a day. You can always add more time and activities later.
• Schedule exercise into your daily routine. It will be become a habit faster if you do.
• Do something cardiovascular to get your heart beating faster
• Get to know your local library and community college, look for local organizations or churches that offer classes or workshops
• Work puzzles like crosswords and sudoku or play games like chess and bridge
• Try computerized brain fitness programs
• Learn something new every day
• Plan your meals around your vegetables (especially leafy greens), and then add fruit, protein, dairy, and/or grains
• Add some cold-water fish to your diet (tuna, salmon, mackerel, halibut, sardines, and herring)
• Try to eat more foods low on the Glycemic Index
• Get enough sleep each night
• Practice meditation, yoga, or a calming activity to help you relax
• Set aside 5 to 10 minutes to just breathe deeply.