2017/18 Chevening Scholarship Application now Open; Apply Now
The Chevening Secretariat is accepting applications for 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with demonstrable leadership potential who also have strong academic backgrounds. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a master’s degree at any UK university and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 46,000 alumni.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
NOTE: You are not eligible for a Chevening Award if you:
– Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
– Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2015) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
– Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
COURSES: Applicants will need to select three different master’s courses, these can be three different courses at the same institution or the same titled course but at three different universities. You should choose your field of study carefully and select courses which reflect your current or future career goals.
In order to be eligible, the courses you choose must be:
– Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
– Lead to a master’s degree qualification
Course cannot be: Distance learning, Part-time, Less than nine months in duration, More than 12 months in duration, PhD or DPhil are not permitted.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available at http://www.chevening.org/apply/. Detailed advice on applying for fellowships can be found through your country’s fellowship page.
Applications close at 12:00 GMT on 8th November, 2016.
Like our page: facebook.com/vaxity