CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – MPHIL IN SEED SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (SST) GHANA
Under the World Bank-Africa Centres of Excellence Project, the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI – www.wacci.edu.gh), University of Ghana is in collaboration with the Seed Science Centre at Iowa State University, USA to launch an innovative Master of Philosophy (MPhil) programme in Seed Science and Technology. Students will undertake nine months of coursework at the University of Ghana and proceed to a research institution or private seed company, locally or abroad for a three-month experiential attachment to develop skills in Seed Technology. Students will undertake their theses research in the second year.
Prospective students must have:
• a good first degree, at least a second class lower division in Agriculture, Botany or related field
• a certificate of proficiency in English is required for candidates who have not been instructed in English at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
Please, visit http://wacci.edu.gh/content/eligibility for full details on eligibility
How to Apply
Interested applicants should:
• complete an online form on the University of Ghana Graduate Admissions Page via the WACCI website (see link below)
• provide academic transcripts, copies of first degree certificate.
• provide the email addresses of (3) referees on the online form
Visit the link below for detailed information on how to apply
Applicants must have funding for their studies or apply for the competitive WACCI SST bursaries/scholarships
The deadline for applying is July 15, 2015 (Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted after the deadline)
For any additional information please contact the Admissions Officer on Telephone: 233-302-520605/7/8 Fax: 233-302-520604 or